Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm baaaack!

The title pretty much sums it up. That's what I said to Spain when I got off the plane. Anyways, the past day or so has been hectic, but I'm here in Madrid! After TOM100 saw us off yesterday, we all made use of our extra time in the airport and practiced Spanish phrases. 

Once on the plane to Dublin, I was overwhelmed by the green seats and by those sitting around me. I sat next to a rather uptight Irish woman, and across from a guy who like to frequently bend over to pick things up. Lets just say I had a nice view on several occasions. Oh yeah there was also a nun in front of me, and kids to my right who insisted on yelling about the sunset (Nance?) every time they stood in front of my window. 

So we get to Dublin (5:00am their time?) and there is nobody to greet us. They must have been busy at the local pubs. Needless to say, we had the opportunity to SPRINT through the Dublin airport. We had to go out, go through customs, go back through security and make our plane all in 20 minutes. Man those Merrells were put to GOOD use.  Once we arrived on the plane, we were glared at by several people who were tired of waiting. Oh yeah, and then we had to wait longer because we missed our departure time while waiting for all the "Atlantic Aer Lingus" folks.

So we get to Madrid (bags and all!) and everyone got their luggage. I got my luggage alright. We had to split up among all of us to get to the hostal, and several of us had to take our own taxis because of the size of our bags. At this point the driver didn't know I spoke English, he had some nice things to say! 

So I am in the cab by myself with this guy. He brings us to the hostal where we were supposed ot be at, but in reality they were booked and moved us down the street. I had the pleasure of dragging my 78lb. bag all over the Lavapies area of Madrid. "Que grande es la maleta! American!" Man I like to get attention right when I arrive! Anyways, I eventually made it to our actual hostal. There are 6 of us staying in a room. One guy and five girls. The guy at the desk thought this was comical.  I then stuck my suitcases in the elevator and raced them up the stairs. Lets just say this elevator can only hold 150 pounds, and it barely could hold my suitcase.

So once we were settled we went and got cellphones and a nice little Spanish meal. I realize none of you are going to call  me, but if you WANT 

0034(USA code to Spain) 622485003

Hollaaa. Oh yeah, and SKYPE is the way to go. My name is: Megenno. Once we are settled in an apartment I will be a skyping fiend. 

I think thats it. I love and miss you all!! :) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,Meghan!!
I am so... happy to hear that you are safely in Madrid... so is Lucy..... HAHA!!!
I hope this comment goes thru---- we'll see!!! :)
Guess who?! :)