Yesterday was a day full of Flamenco dancing around the city. Well not really, but I'm sure that nobody would doubt that I would try to dance around Madrid. I did however eat lots of Churros and chocolate. I mean what else would you expect?
After lots of Churros and chocolate, a bunch of us went shopping. The stores were very eager to welcome me back! I also had the pleasure of hanging out in El Corte Ingles with a friend from the group while a very patient salesperson demonstrated how to use a very complicated alarm clock. The woman thought we were morons. The clock was really complicated, either in English or Spanish. She was very patient as my friend continued to play with the alarm and hour settings, and stood there with a smile on her face. It was a pleasure. I just loved how she kept asking "Do you have these in the United States?" I know I may not look at clocks very often, but I think there are clocks somewhere...
Then we went to Flamenco! My friends and I are going to whip out the stomping and clapping moves at our next club visit. Ok, JUST KIDDING. Besides, we all know that requires rhythm and skills. The show itself was fabulous. The Spanish dance has so much expression! Certainly more than line dancing of the fabulous old USA.
Flamenco was then followed by my Croquetas! Yes thats right Croquetas, the most amazing tapa ever! I was pretty excited. Yeah that is it.
Well this has been a pleasure, but i Have nothing else to share. And thus concludes the most boring entry ever. (Well so far)
1 comment:
Hi Meghan,
You vaya girl! Your mom emailed me the link to your blog, you're in for it now. Cam took us to a fabulous churros and chocolate place near the Plaza Mayor, it was heavenly! It was our very last night in Spain, I want to go back! I'm glad you are studying there and I'm sure it will be an amazing experience. Disfrutate bien! Love, Judith J. (your Chicago cousin)
Post a Comment