Lindsay and I went to look at an apartment today. Yet despite the fact that I had written down the directions, we still had trouble finding the place. Why you ask? Oh yeah, I wrote down the directions on a plane ticket while walking and talking. Yeah multitasking is not my thing. So we navigate up 6 flights up stairs and arrive at a lovely doorstop with a pink mat that reads "Beware of the Dog." Oh! So this girl has a dog? Cute! We hear yapping and scratching. I got excited, I wasn't aware this girl had a dog. So the door opens and I see an older man peering out at me. He closes the door again and pulls off the lock. Then he opens it and looks up at us and goes "Que?!" Lindsay and I looked at each other and realized that this man was styling in a button up shirt that landed right below his knees, and no pants. I then explained we were looking for Erika, but alas she was not there because we had the wrong apartment! I was relieved when I found out she didn't live with this old man, but the Yorky was so cute!
Lindsay and I moved on to the correct apartment, and found who were looking for. We are very excited, its located right near Parque Retiro and it is also affordable! Our new roommate also seems really nice and helpful with everything Madrid related.
After spending a few hours with our new roommate, we ventured off to meet with the rest of our group. We were enjoying some tapas when one of the girls had her purse stolen from off the back of her chair. She had been sitting in the middle of several people from our group when a gypsy selling flowers approached her. She said no, along with the rest of the people in our group. I was ordering at the time, but I saw the look of panic on her face. Apparently while trying to "sell" flowers, this man had snatched her purse. Lovely. All within 15 seconds. We all tried to console her, but not much could be done. Cancelled the cards, called the embassy (oh yeah her passport was in there) and did everything else we could think of. I tried to put a bright spin on it, I mean now she gets to buy a cute Spanish purse! But it did just remind us all, yet again, to take extra care of our belongings. Needless to say, I always have my purse close to me, but you never know what can happen. I feel that this was still eye-opening, because it happened soooo fast.
Well it is two in the morning and now that I have gotten you all concerned about me getting pick pocketed (I'M BEING CAREFUL!)
I am going to bed. And maybe watching the Yankees because I have MLB.TV. Thanks Tom!
Un Saludo,
Meghan
2 comments:
Hey,
I love this blogging stuff!!!! So Cool. Maybe you shouldn't have brought a 78 LB suitcase in the first place...but that's Meghan. I sure hope you brought your hair dryer !!
Love ya. Guess who ?!?!?
Oh, how stupid am I?!?! It says my name. Shut up Nance !!!
Post a Comment