Monday, September 28, 2009

Spotted/ Heard in Madrid

* I have seen a crazed, leashed Yorkie. It was dragging its poor owner all over the road.

* I corrected a student who said "I am Equator" instead of "I am Ecuadorian."
There is a difference.

* I had another student say "I like your carpet" to a student instead of "I like your folder" (carpeta=folder)

* I saw a group of young girls wearing bright neon colored wigs in the middle of the day. They were walking around as if nothing was unusual about this attire.

* I asked students to write down different types of plants. They wrote Pink. I insisted that was NOT a flower, but then I realized they meant Rosa- which is Rose, not pink. Rosa as a color is Pink. Of course!

* I drew an octagonal-stop sign on the board, complete with the word STOP. No E.
Half the class wrote ESTOP. I guess they write what they hear!

1 comment:

et said...

did you teach them about false cognates? -I did that today!