Monday, September 21, 2009

Grocery Shopping

After a week of eating my friend Kim's hummus (which I told her I would "hold" for her until she came back), Granola Bars, and Peanut Butter Sandwiches, I made the executive decision that I needed to go grocery shopping.

My roommates may have also pushed me out the door by offering me their food, which is very generous, but then when they add on "Because you don't have any...", I then realize that it is really time to get going.

Truth be told, I live in a very lively area. It is full of smaller, expensive grocery stores. However, if I want the cheap goods, I need to go on a 10-15 minute walk. The walk itself isn't bad, its flat, easy, straight shot. However, add in a few Spainards, baby carriages, dogs, roller skates and cars, and it becomes an obstacle course.

This wasn't a problem on the way there, whilst pondering all the food that I needed (wanted) to buy.

The problem was afterwards.

Here is the situation, if you buy a certain amount of groceries, they get delivered. If you don't buy, say 40 euros worth of groceries, you have to carry it.

Man, if only I had bought those pudding cups.

Actually- that is not the situation.

I had enough food to warrant next-day delivery to my house. However, I was in serious need of some groceries. I couldn't wait until the next day! I wanted to eat dinner.

I instead opted to use the big bag I had (plus the eco- friendly one I bought), and hauled it all back to my apartment myself.

Great idea, except I probably should've taken the weight of my items into consideration. Laundry Detergent, Milk, etc...

I eventually did make it back to my apartment, several pit-stops and knocked over Spainards later. Lets just say one is not the most friendly when lugging heavy bags.

This will not be happening again, I will be utilizing the grocery delivery system in the future. I will subsist on crackers all night if necessary.


No comments: