Poops: Praying that he will do good for my children and for my grand children and bring back the America that I grew up with!!!!
This conversation may have been pre-dated (by one day) to the actual election of Obama, but Poopsie was right in line! I bet he was secretly down in DC fixing every USA flag in sight!
Anyways, this week has been rather exciting. I got to go to DC, see some big-deal concert, and leave my sister rather vague messages about telling them a story. Oh wait that was Holly. WHOOPS!
I was actually here, being called Mona Lisa and also being asked if I would be celebrating at an all night party. Nope! Thanks to the time difference I actually got to Celebrate at a decent hour, and thus with more of my friends (yes the same ones who were not crazy enough to stay out at all hours on election day..sigh)
My day was as follows. Obama pin! Followed by school school Obama conversation school hitting my head on a wall school. Ok look, I had my 3rd graders today. And their newest hobby you might ask? Having "sword fights" with rulers. I think that is awesome, because I got to collect all of these rulers today! One kid actually had a ruler where you could lift off the top plastic part and insert a picture of yourself. That way you can always be reminded of how beautiful you are when you are drawing straight lines I suppose... well I digress.
Several of the teachers were discussing Obama today. According to some teachers, there are many different views on Obama here in Spain. I nodded and said YUP there are many in the USA as well. This led to the level of intelligence of people in the United States, and apparently there was a recent video segment that portrayed many US citizens as unable to identify Spain.. Come on people, its a big part of a peninsula! You can do it!
This lovely conversation reminded me of a lovely video gem from my senior year, which makes Americans look pretty edumacated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz4VweMqFE
After identifying US states from the teachers (to prove my intelligence?), I went dashing off to the Cercanias (yes the train that I may or may not loath, refer to previous blog entries for that answer) to Recoletos. Met up with mis amigas, took a few pictures of some cows, and went off to the Intercontinental Hotel. One minor problem. The place was booked to capacity. You know what that means? A dash off to the International House. We got in the auditorium just as Biden was getting sworn in. We enjoyed a few staggered moments of YoYo and then we got to witness the swearing in of PRESIDENT OBAMA!
So exciting. I had goosebumps, despite the fact that our address was being transmitted through a computer with an awesome beach background. I felt like I was at the beach, this was our day in the sun!
And besides, the stalling of the internet allowed Nina and I to play "Finish that sentence!" I think it really tests our political prowess, it gave us an opportunity to see how well we really know our President. We did a pretty good job!
Today is a very exciting day for the United States and for everyone around the world. The excitement is high and the expectations may be higher. The United States is no the only country with high hopes for Obama. That's right, our country's economy affects others. I am not expecting Obama to wave his magic wand, but he is capable (along with his staff) of articulation and of making the USA a forward nation (and you thought you weren't reading poetry..)
Obama has revived the political scene and the pop culture scene. Obama had his own line of really expensive t-shirts in Urban Outfitters. There was also Hot Chocolate in his honor! Barack Chocolate? Sounds good to me!
Obama not only garnered Oprah's vote, but he earned the votes of people who had never voted before. I watched him connect with people when I saw him speak, I saw the effect he had on people of every different background. Incredible.
These crowds clearly made their way down for this weekend. While I was in DC( whoops that was Holly again) I saw (through pictures) the huge crowds filling the Mall and surrounding areas to celebrate this historic event in our nation's history.
We're witnessing history here people! People are passionate about Obama and I haven't really seen that passion about a political figure in my lifetime.
I am excited to see Obama carry this passion and intelligence into our highest elected office. Watching him speak today was incredible, seeing him stand up there on the podium while Bush chilled out on the sidelines. I have this sense of relief that there is an end to the current administration and the "Hijas de Bush" bit and that there is a better future for our country. Life is good! La Vida es buena!
To make a long blog short, I am so excited for this new administration. Returning home over the break to a country falling to pieces was not exactly a great Christmas present. Merry Christmas! You lose your job, your house and your health insurance! I am hopeful that next year will bring some better tidings to all of these Americans! Maybe some Barack Chocolate? It looked good!
Obama is already working on getting to the source of these errors and to restoring our country to that spirited Constitutional Convention-era government that Poopsie knew and loved (I mean come on! He saw them sign the Declaration!) Lets see what he can do!
So here is a toast (with sangria of course) to our new President Obama!
Today is a very exciting day for the United States and for everyone around the world. The excitement is high and the expectations may be higher. The United States is no the only country with high hopes for Obama. That's right, our country's economy affects others. I am not expecting Obama to wave his magic wand, but he is capable (along with his staff) of articulation and of making the USA a forward nation (and you thought you weren't reading poetry..)
Obama has revived the political scene and the pop culture scene. Obama had his own line of really expensive t-shirts in Urban Outfitters. There was also Hot Chocolate in his honor! Barack Chocolate? Sounds good to me!
Obama not only garnered Oprah's vote, but he earned the votes of people who had never voted before. I watched him connect with people when I saw him speak, I saw the effect he had on people of every different background. Incredible.
These crowds clearly made their way down for this weekend. While I was in DC( whoops that was Holly again) I saw (through pictures) the huge crowds filling the Mall and surrounding areas to celebrate this historic event in our nation's history.
We're witnessing history here people! People are passionate about Obama and I haven't really seen that passion about a political figure in my lifetime.
I am excited to see Obama carry this passion and intelligence into our highest elected office. Watching him speak today was incredible, seeing him stand up there on the podium while Bush chilled out on the sidelines. I have this sense of relief that there is an end to the current administration and the "Hijas de Bush" bit and that there is a better future for our country. Life is good! La Vida es buena!
To make a long blog short, I am so excited for this new administration. Returning home over the break to a country falling to pieces was not exactly a great Christmas present. Merry Christmas! You lose your job, your house and your health insurance! I am hopeful that next year will bring some better tidings to all of these Americans! Maybe some Barack Chocolate? It looked good!
Obama is already working on getting to the source of these errors and to restoring our country to that spirited Constitutional Convention-era government that Poopsie knew and loved (I mean come on! He saw them sign the Declaration!) Lets see what he can do!
So here is a toast (with sangria of course) to our new President Obama!
GOBAMA!
Vayaobama! Obamava! Vayanse Obama(yay!)
Ok I tried. Critique away mysterious Spanish teacher reader!
Ok I tried. Critique away mysterious Spanish teacher reader!
No comments:
Post a Comment