
So you have all read of Florencio, the older teacher at my school who loves to answer "Hola, que tal?" with "Jodido pero contento." You can all figure that one out on your own.
Meghan (left) and Mona (right) separated at birth?
Regardless, Florencio has taken me under his wing. Last week I was a bit tired on Monday after skipping around through time zones and just not sleeping in general. He seemed to realize this and let me take it easy for a bit during class. Gracias Florencio!
However, Florencio's newest bit is not one that I necessarily want to say Gracias to. Instead, I tend to glare and pray that he won't bring it up again (which he does!). I straightened my hair using my new CHI :) (and I didn't burn myself) and I had my hair down over my ears. I was putting some books away before lunch, and Florencio stops me and goes, "You look a lot like that famous Leonardo Da Vinci painting!" I looked at him with my usual attempt of a raised eyebrow and he said "The Mona Lisa?" and he kept repeating himself. I told him no way, and he pulled in another teacher (who by the way was lighting up a cig in the school) and he also agreed with him. It was at this moment that I decided never to straighten my hair again. Sorry parentals, that would make my CHI a wasted gift.
So off we go downstairs to lunch, where everyone is conversing about the random occurances of the day. The usual troublemaker students are scattered around the now mostly vacant tables, the lunch ladies are bustling to and fro with the platters of food. I have pushed aside this strange though of my apparent resemblance to the Mona Lisa, until Florencio poses this question to the table "What famous painting does Meghan look like?". I glare at him and then feel several pairs of eyes on me. One of the teachers immediately jumps in with "MONA LISA!". Florencio nodded and then everyone else seemed to agree with this conclusion. I covered my face.
I am not an art expert, but I seem to remember the Mona Lisa being a rather mysterious piece. I'm down with the mystery. But the whole option of it being part of Leonardo's likeness? Thats a bit over the top for me.
Florencio kept saying it was a compliment because I am so pretty and so is the Mona Lisa. I really just don't see the connection. I mean I wasn't hiding my face when being compared to the Mowry twins, I mean they are actresses who landed their own TV show. Not too shabby!
But this Mona Lisa? Yeah she's famous, small, and often overcrowded at the Louvre. No thanks!
I just don't see the resemblance. I don't think I've ever gotten that half smirk/half frown bit down. I am too busy laughing at the stupidity of my own jokes.
Well I think I have put my two cents in. I will leave it for you to decide!
No comments:
Post a Comment