Remember that cute little oven that we used to cook the Thanksgiving Turkey? Not so cute anymore!
This is why I am NOT domestic. Well at least in Spain. At home I even cook more than I do here!
Anyways, there I am whipping up a batch of sugar cookies with frosting (pre-made and thoroughly enjoyable whilst "cooking") and I am pulling the oven door down. The door is coming down, and as it comes down, the OVEN comes out of the wall. That is right. There were some metal things exposed, there was a thud noise, not really sure... After the big bang, the oven was 3/4 of the way out of the wall.
Erika was whipping up dinner at the time as well and she was surprised. However, we both determined that after everything we have seen here in Spain, nothing really shocks us that much. And besides, this oven is old. I stood there and kept going, do you SEE this?! I needed some verification that the oven was indeed out of the wall. Erika did see the fact that the oven was out of the wall, so I realized I wasn't crazy.
So what did I do you ask? I pushed the oven back into the wall! I looked cautiously at Erika to see if she was brave enough to continue cooking, and sure enough she was. She finished up that dinner, and I left a tray of promising looking cookie dough balls on a pan. Neglected. Maybe not after I finish this blog entry... yummmmm
Very Sad that I have to eat the dough instead of bake it into cookies! Despite the oven situation, I did scrounge up enough round-ish cookies (slathered them in frosting to hide the deformities) and put them in a little tupperware for the teacher tomorrow who is celebrating her birthday. Wait until she hears what I went through!
No comments:
Post a Comment