This was the reaction of my private class when I told them this cuento. And honestly, I agree. However, it didn´t begin as one.
Today I went to the bank at ATOCHA RENFE. Which we already know is my favorite place in the world. I needed to fill out a form to get my Carnet Joven and I also needed to take out some cash. Two birds with one stone, right?
I walk into the bank and I find it COMPLETELY empty. Keep in mind the banks are usually packed during this hour because everyone is going home to eat or nap, whatever you choose to believe.
I actually verbalized this to my friend, my complete disbelief that the bank was empty. She was also in disbelief, and we happily went right up to the counter. I take care of the form within minutes, a process which usually involves waiting for 30 minutes or so.
I pull out my card and head out the door to the ATMS. I stick my card in and wait for the screen to change.
And I wait...
I then look down at the screen and realize it has now changed to say that it is out of service. I look up into the slot to see if my card is there, and I see it lying halfway in between me and some guy peering in with thick-rimmed glasses.
I peer into the machine again, and sure enough this guy is looking right at me.
Hola?
Thinking that he had seen me, and my card, I thought I could just walk right in and he would hand it to me.
I go into the bank and I look for the area behind the machines. I realize that this area is actually HIDDEN and disguised as the wall. I see a slit in the wall with a key hole, and I start to knock on the door. Another woman is waiting there as well, and she comments that her card is stuck in there too. Just wonderful.
I knock on the door again, still no response. Another bank worker comes up to me and tells me that they cannot get my card.
EXCUSE ME?
I say but I can SEE my card and the guy who is IN THERE.
Nope.
I will go in there myself and physically remove my card.
NOPE.
She goes into this secret room, where I see a group of men "working" or laughing at us. Probably the latter.
I go outside where my friend is waiting. I look into the card slot again. Yup my card is still there.
I go back inside and say can you PLEASE get my card out.
Nope you have to order another one.
At this point I had given up, I also had to go because the office was closing within minutes.... hm..... suspicious, no ?
I go up and fill out the form for a new card.
How long does it take?
A week.
Of course.... So I will have to take money out here.
You can't do that at this branch, you have to go to another bank. But they are all closing right now for the day..
A bank that takes and doesn't give.
Oh Spain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment