Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow Day or Day Care?

Greetings all, it's me again, back in Madrid.

Today was a "Snow Day"

There were no classes, some students showed up while ALL the teachers showed up.

There were maybe 3 kids per class, clearly all the teachers didn't need to be there. They grouped who was there together in temporary "classes" and had a party.... well maybe not. I myself saw two of my students today and I passed the majority of my afternoon on the computer along with several other teachers.

Which brings me to the question: Why is this school serving as a day care? Keep ALL the kids at home, or tell them ALL to get to school.  I do appreciate the childcare aspect here, keep the kids out of lonely houses, where they would most likely be causing muchos problemas with their siblings and whatever else they can get their hands on. However, the families I knew while growing up back in CT somehow figured out this predicament of unattended children....

Needless to say:
Spain is different.

No comments: