Monday, November 3, 2008

Famiglia! Familia! Family!




I went to Italia this past weekend-a. I learned-a a lot of a-italiano. 

Ok not really. But  I did visit Pompeii, scale Vesuvius (with my bare hands),  Brave the waves to Capri, eat pizza in Sorrento, and travel down the windy road to Positano. 

It was in Positano that I was SHOCKED to find that my own family had made a trip out there without telling me.

I am wandering down a quaint Italian road when I read a sign that says "Propieta Perrella."

WHOA! I know some Perrellas. They are pretty sketchy, but I am somehow related to them.

Anyways, I pause to take a picture. I mean these are distant relatives of mine here! I then realize that there is a BLUE HONDA CRV parked in front of this house. Coincidence? I think not. I think that my family made a secret trip to Positano without telling me. Madrid isn't necessarily close to Positano, but this is uncalled for. I know for a fact that my aunt drives a blue "bleep". Lets just put it this way, you're not as sneaky as you think!

So after this startling revelation, an old Italian man (great-uncle-cousin once removed?) starts yelling something at me. My friends and I walked down the street while the disgruntled old man continued to yell at us.  I should've just yelled "famiglia!" 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great-- and you must have been shocked to see 'Rachel and Tom's car' there as well!!! how funny is that??!! :)