Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who doesn't want some H20?

So Lindsay and I are leaving the Bank. There is a dog tied to the pole outside. It is panting. Its owner is clearly waiting inside one of many in the seemingly never-ending line. So the dog panting makes sense considering just how HOT it is. And this poor thing is in the sun.

I feel bad for the dog, and being the kind person that I am, I begin to pour my water bottle out, with the hope the dog will drink the water.

The dog does not drink the water. The dog backs away from me, towards the road. The shoddy leash disassembles, and the dog has now backed up into the street.

Luckily there are no cars, but we freak out and then realize we must re-attach this dog to its leash. It is very scared, as  are we.

Lindsay grabs its collar and tries to coax it back towards me, while I await with the leash clasp open.

The dog growls at her. Considering the size of this dog (small) it is quite impressive the growl it makes.

We eventually get the dog back on the leash. However, this is after promising several dog treats and waving it towards us. We drew quiet a crowd. But once it is reattached, the dog, in addition to panting it is also scared. I start to give it more water, but I decide against it.

Lets just say I see many dogs such as this one, waiting in the street for their owners. Some are out there for hours while their owners have dinner, get their haircut, or go to the grocery store.

Honestly, just leave your dogs at home!  Stop showing off their magical ability to walk without leashes, and let them take a nap in their beds rather than on the street. They are much better off. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't visited "Hola de Espana" in a while. But, summer is great! I've been at camp.